Learn how to implement an evidence-based model of instructional coaching that shifts the focus from “fixing” teachers to partnering with them to reach goals for student learning. Based on the forthcoming book,The Essential Guide for Student-Centered Coaching, we will examine:
- The philosophy and core practices for Student-Centered Coaching
- Common coaching challenges across grade levels and content areas
- An emphasis on how coaching can be asset-based and focused on equity
- Current research in adult learning and professional development
- Examples of how to integrate curriculum into coaching cycles
- Anecdotes that illustrate what Student-Centered Coaching looks like in practice
This course is well suited for instructional coaches, math and literacy coaches, technology coaches, school leaders, and teacher leaders. Feel free to join as an individual or with a team.